From Senator's Reid and FeingoldSECTION
1. SAFE REDEPLOYMENT OF UNITED STATES TROOPS FROM IRAQ.
(a) Transition of Mission- The President shall promptly transition themission of the United States Armed Forces in Iraq to the limited andtemporary purposes set forth in subsection (d).(b) Commencement of Safe, Phased Redeployment From Iraq- The Presidentshall commence the safe, phased redeployment from Iraq of members of theUnited States Armed Forces who are not essential to the limited andtemporary purposes set forth in subsection (d). Such redeployment shall becarried out in a manner that protects the safety and security of the UnitedStates Armed Forces.
(c) Use of Funds- Effective 120 days after the date of the enactment ofthis Act and except as provided in subsection (d), no funds appropriated orotherwise made available under any provision of law may be obligated orexpended to continue the deployment in Iraq of members of the United StatesArmed Forces.
(d) Exception for Limited and Temporary Purposes- The prohibition undersubsection (c) shall not apply to the obligation or expenditure of fundsfor the following limited and temporary purposes:
(1) Conducting targeted operations, limited in duration and scope, against members of al Qaeda and affiliated international terrorist organizations.
(2) Providing security for personnel and infrastructure of the UnitedStates Government.
(3) Providing training to members of the Iraqi Security Forces who have notbeen involved in sectarian violence or in attacks upon the United StatesArmed Forces, provided that such training does not involve members of theUnited States Armed Forces taking part in combat operations or being embedded with Iraqi forces.
(4) Providing training, equipment, or other materiel to members of theUnited States Armed Forces to ensure, maintain, or improve their safety andsecurity.
(5) Redeploying members of the United States Armed Forces from Iraq.
OK hold the truck here. I hope these jerkoffs are just grandstanding because this load of horse manure doesnt fly. Also when did AQ and foreign terrorist organizations get to Iraq???