Saturday, January 5, 2008

More on Rifles

I was reading up on my small arms of the world today and realized the Russians have gone back to the 7.62x39 round in their new assault rifle. I know I have read this but I dont guess is sunk in. I think because you still saw Russian troops with AK74s. The new series is guess what still AKs the AK103 and AK103-2 guess what they function the same operate the same etc..Also the Russians have come up with an interesting new SAW PKP 6P41 going back to the old 7.62x54R round. Will cause the squad to have to carry two different types of ammo but they have been using it in combat for some time now. Interesting going to bigger rounds to counter act US/Nato body armor and enhance range. Their .22 caliber service rifle experiment ended allot quicker than ours did. More on that later I have to do some looking.

No comments: