Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thoughts on shooting

My family are avid shooters even the ladies get involved I would not get into a gunfight with my mother when she has her wheel gun.

I also have an uberti .45colt / .45 acp that I am very happy with yes I know is a single action wheel gun but hey.

Ok here we go deer hunters dont just shoot the couple weeks before the season starts. Be intimately familar with you weapon. Shoot at least once a month that way your skills stay sharp and you will know about a malfunction before it goes click in the deer woods.
Shoot at known ranges and unknown ranges.
Shoot off hand, sitting, kneeling from your stand if you sit in a chair practice shooting from a chair.
Get some snap caps work on your trigger pull at home and practice working the bolt from a shooting position. I recently had to modify mine because of a shoulder surgery.

Pistol shooters.
Again practice practice. There are a million pistols schools if you are so inclined. Also remember that you dont need the newest 1911 with all the latest gizmos use what you are comfortable with. I am actually in the market for a plain .45 I may have a little work done on it but I am not going to spend $1,000 on any pistol.

Tactical Rifle as a graduate of USMC marksmanship school there are things they teach now they did not then. I think a good AR15 with a 18 inch barrel and good scope can do you justice. Again there are a million and 12 schools for those so inclined.

Again practice practice.

No comments: