Saturday, August 8, 2009

Super Cool

During a succession Shura to decided the replacement for Baitullah Meshed the two leading candidates commanders Hakeemullah Mehsud and Waliur Rehman a firefight broke out. It has been confirmed that Hakeemullah was killed. With some sources saying that both were killed. This among reports that Baitullah was not really dead the coming days shall reveal the truth I am sure. What I find very interesting is the violent divisions evident in the Taliban. I am sure smarter people that I are looking at ways to exploit this.

What I would like to see is continued pressure be the US on the leadership of the Taliban and AQ and the Pakistan military follow up in South Waziristan. If the Pakistani could keep the pressure up there is a chance to scatter the TTP while there is a scramble for leadership.

No comments: