Sunday, September 20, 2009

We need a new batch of leadership

This is not a jab at the Prez for a change but for our congress persons. I just heard that members of the senate and their staff spent 7000 days overseas in the first three quarters of the year. Fine I can understand travel is needed to meet with foreign leaders see the troops from your district whatever. But I do not see the need to visit vacation resorts on the public's dime.

Here is my thought thanks to my beautiful bride for her input. Congress is only paid when they are in session. They also only get the same benefits as normal government employees, including travel, medical, dental, retirement etc. Also term limits for everyone two terms and you are done go home. We have to get rid of the new royal class that the politicians and their staffs have become regardless of party.

No comments: